It’s easy to install an M.2 SSD into a laptop computer. We’ll show you how.
Before you make your purchase, be sure to confirm your laptop’s manufacturer or the documentation to see if the M.2 socket supports NVMe. Sometimes, it can be called something other than NVMe such as PCIe mode. If it doesn’t, then it won’t achieve the full disk speed advantage that NVMe offers and you might have to go with a less expensive AHCI M.2 or 2.5” SATA SSD. To learn more about this topic, watch this video:
1. Remember to always refer to your laptop’s manual before disassembling it or replacing any hardware.
2. As a precaution, prior to handling the SSD, touch an unpainted and grounded metal object or use an anti-static wrist strap to work in a static-safe environment.
3. Unplug the power and remove the battery from your notebook. Please refer to your notebook manufacturer’s user manual on how to properly remove the battery. Some notebooks require you to take off the case cover before removing the battery.
4. Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds to drain any residual power from the notebook.
5. Remove the case cover and then locate the M.2 SSD or socket on the motherboard.
6. If you had an M.2 SSD previously installed, loosen the screw and remove the old M.2 SSD.
7. Carefully hold new the M.2 SSD along the side edges and insert it into the socket by aligning the keys on the M.2 SSD with the keys in the socket.
8. Once it’s properly connected, gently press the back end of the M.2 SSD towards the motherboard, and then insert and tighten the screw to secure the M.2 SSD.
9. Place the case cover back onto the notebook.
10. Re-connect the battery, connect the power, and boot up your system.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- ✔ Đổi Tên Block Trong Autocad – Autocad PhuongTk | NESA iCAD
- Gỡ bỏ Password bảo vệ trong file PDF bằng phần mềm PDF Password Remover
- Yoga VB 27 _ Viparita Karani Mudra _ Inverted Lake Pose _ Basic Yoga
- Hướng dẫn biên tập video bằng ứng dụng Quik // GoPro Editing App
- KHẮC PHỤC LỖI KHÔNG THỂ LƯU VÀ MỞ FILE AUTOCAD