We need women to work, and we need working women to have babies. So why is America one of the only countries in the world that offers no national paid leave to new working mothers? In this incisive talk, Jessica Shortall makes the impassioned case that the reality of new working motherhood in America is both hidden and horrible: millions of women, every year, are forced back to work within just weeks of giving birth. Her idea worth spreading: the time has come for us to recognize the economic, physical and psychological costs of our approach to working mothers and their babies, and to secure our economic future by providing paid leave to all working parents.
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world’s leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less). Look for talks on Technology, Entertainment and Design — plus science, business, global issues, the arts and much more.
Find closed captions and translated subtitles in many languages at
Follow TED news on Twitter:
Like TED on Facebook:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- ✔ Đổi Tên Block Trong Autocad – Autocad PhuongTk | NESA iCAD
- Gỡ bỏ Password bảo vệ trong file PDF bằng phần mềm PDF Password Remover
- Yoga VB 27 _ Viparita Karani Mudra _ Inverted Lake Pose _ Basic Yoga
- Hướng dẫn biên tập video bằng ứng dụng Quik // GoPro Editing App
- KHẮC PHỤC LỖI KHÔNG THỂ LƯU VÀ MỞ FILE AUTOCAD